Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Product Reveiw ~ Miracle Gro Expand 'n Gro Concentarted Planting Mix

This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Scotts® for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.

Well, we had a cold snap last night.

I'm not one bit happy about it.

But it IS March in Iowa....

We open the camper this weekend.

( henceforth to be referred to as The Trailerhood 2 )

I , of course , have flowers and plants at my Trailerhood 2  , also.

As I am only there on weekends , I usually add a soil moistener to my pots.

 But I think I have found a new product to try.

EnG Product Shot.png

This is what their website says about Miracle Gro Expand 'n Gro

* Up to 3X more flowers and Veggies versus native soil.

* Improves soil for multiple years.

* Expands up to 3X when water is added.

* Feeds plants for 6 months.

* Holds moisture 50% longer than potting soil.

And this is what makes Miracle Gro  Expand 'n Gro unique.

It's the combination of Miracle Gro Plant Food and Coconut Coir Fiber.

Coconut WHAT you ask...

Well, let me tell you.

Coconut Coir Fiber is a bi product of the coconut.

After the flesh ( fruit sounds better , but I guess it is referred to as flesh ) and milk are used for food and the long fibers are used for doormats and flower pots ,etc. the short fiber and the pith are left. These used to be disposed of. Now they are compressed and used as soil amendments ! How exciting is that !

 

Anyway ...

The coir is not only a soil amendment , it also expands in water.

What's so great about that you ask...

Think about this ~

Consider lifting a a heavy bag of potting soil versus a compact ,lightweight bag of  Expand 'n Gro.

Or

Filling those big pots  full of heavy potting soil versus filling them 1/3 of the way with Expand 'n Gro and adding water .

See where I'm going ?

Then there is the fact that the coir fiber retains 50% more moisture than potting soil.

Less watering !

Which is great , if like me you have weekend plants you want to keep beautiful .

And what makes this a better option than soil moisture additives is that it slowly releases the water as the plant needs it rather than staying wet all the time and rotting plants if we get to much rain.

( I speak from experience there )

Miracle Grow Expand 'n Gro isn't just for pots, it is also great for amending your garden soil too.

Do you have trouble keeping your plants moist enough in the heat of summer ?

or

Remembering to fertilize?

This may be a product for you to try.

Leave a comment below for a chance to recieve a trial bag.

There is also a coupon here~

Expand ‘n Gro™

As soon as I can start potting , I'll give you an update on this product.

Advertisement

 

 

 

 

Visit Sponsor's Site

11 comments:

  1. I love the way that you broke that down!! Maybe i'll try this for my garden this year!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. constantly i used to read smaller articles which as well clear
    their motive, and that is also happening with this piece of writing
    which I am reading now.

    Also visit my page; target

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, simply was aware of your blog thru Google, and
    found that it is really informative. I am gonna watch out
    for brussels. I'll be grateful should you continue this in future. Numerous other folks might be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

    My webpage - smart car parking

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful blog! Do you have any hints for aspiring writers?

    I'm planning to start my own site soon but I'm a little lost on
    everything. Would you propose starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go for a paid option?
    There are so many choices out there that I'm totally overwhelmed .. Any recommendations? Appreciate it!

    Also visit my web page; I found it

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...