Sunday, November 6, 2011

Auction Treasures

While I was in Indianapolis last Friday and Saturday for Curves Convention, Hubby, Emily and Ryan went to a household action.
WITH.OUT.ME !
 sigh.....
Anyway...Hubby got me some treasures and I thought I would share them with you.


Not the best photo, but the best I had.
A windsor type captain's chair,
 a Queen Anne style coffee table,
 a BUNCH of MarCrest pottery,
and the most ADORABLE vintage sewing basket EVER !

Now he picked up most of this thinking it would go to the store.
And most of it will.
I'm not sure about the pottery yet.
I really like it.
I did a little research on it and discovered it is called the " daisy and dot" pattern.

He got a pitcher, cookie jar, 10 mugs, an extra lid (?) and a pitcher/vase kinda thing.


I did a little research on this type of stoneware.
I didn't know much about it and I like to have a history and value of things I put in the store.

Daisy and Dot pottery was made by the Western Stoneware company in the 1950's-60's.
It was sold at grocery stores like Safeway, A & P, IGA, Loblaws, Jewel Food Stores and Kroger , possibly given as premium with Top Value Stamps.
 ( I remember green stamps and gold stamps , I imagine these were similar)
Anyway, I really like it .
Do I need it ?
No.
  Although that has never kept me from keeping things , I will probably take it all to the store.

But here is my favorite.
The thing he got knowing I would love it.
The one thing I can not part with.
Are you ready ?



A vintage pink wicker sewing basket with a POODLE on top !
I know not every wife would be thrilled if her husband brought her this ,
but I was !
He knows me SO well !
ADORABLE ! Right?
PLUS it was FULL of vintage sewing supplies.
I don't even know what some of this stuff is !
Wooden Spools of thread ! WOODEN !

"Sewing Susan" gold eye needles with threader .

See that wheel thing in the picture ? I have NO idea what you do with that !
There were packages of "hook & eyes" and bags of old buttons and some other strange looking gadgets that I have no idea what to do with!
Doesn't matter to me .
I love it !
Don't I have the most awesome husband ?
I kinda think so ....well, most of the time anyway !

Are you wondering what Emily and Ryan bought ?
Among other things .... a house !
That's right .
They bought the house at the auction.
It is fabulous !
There is nothing I do not love about this house.
Hardwood floors, great ( untouched) woodwork, a fireplace.
It was built in the 1930's.
TONS of character !
I'm so excited to help decorate this house !
I'm pretty lucky , even though we have different decorating tastes , she asks my opinion and let's me help.
This is going to be so much fun !

Linking to :

Meet Me Monday @ You're Talking Too Much

http://youaretalkingtoomuch.blogspot.com/


you are talking too much

AND

Thrifty Thursday @ Inspired by Charm


Tuesday's Treasures @



Please take a minute to check out all of the awesomeness at these blogs !







2 comments:

  1. Wow, how exciting for Emily and Ryan! Your sewing basket is adorable, the little wheel is used to trace along your pattern lines, punching tiny perforations through your pattern and into your fabric so you can see where to cut. At least that is what I was taught! The pottery is cool too, I have never seen it before either.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute scores. Love the poodle box!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...