Thursday, November 17, 2011

One last fall dispaly

Ok , so I was whining the other day about how lazy I had been...
well, I finished one last fall display , and got a couple arrangements made.
I thought I would share.

I had this inspiration from Pinterest

Pinned Image
I particularly liked the vase filled with birdseed and the pheasant feathers.
This arrangement also has wheat and hypercium berries.
I didn't have those on hand.
So...of course, I improvised.

I still used the birdseed and pheasant feathers.
Instead of the wheat , I used twigs and stick lights leftover from one of my Halloween displays.

Then I filled the vase with wild birdseed to hold everything in place,
added the pheasant feathers, and

 some "pod- like" stems I found at the thrift store.

I added  this arrangement to by table display.

A wooden tray,  antlers , leaf and acorn garland, a  mache pumpkin and faux acorns.


I had an extra bunch of Silver dollar Eucalyptus left over from the wedding.
I added a little bit of Seeded Eucalyptus, so I decided to stick it in a crock in the entry .

Right now I have it in water, but it should dry and hold it's shape and color and even scent just fine.
I don't really care for the scent of eucalyptus but a lot of people do like it.
I just don't happen to be one of them.

I got these done in between coloring and dancing and marching with this little person~

I love Wednesdays with my silly Addie
Although the "terrible twos" rear their heads once in a while.

 One more week and the Christmas decorating will begin.
It is supposed to be in the 50's tomorrow so I might work on some outside displays.
We will see how cooperative Miss Addie is , she spends Friday afternoons with me too.
I'm a very lucky Grandma.

I'll let you know what we accomplish.


Linking up to these fun blogs, please check them out,

The Creative Paige
Between Naps on the Porch




 

3 comments:

  1. I love how silver dollar eucalyptus looks with all the orange and natural fall elements you have here...perfect for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO with you re: the smell of eucalyptus! I can't stand it!!! I know a lot of people like it, but it just makes me gag!!! It's so pretty, though, that I can't resist using it! Seeded eucalyptus was in pretty much every floral arrangement for every Christmas party I did last year! I think the younger it is when it is picked (has smaller leaves), the less fragrant it is. Good job on the vase recreation!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...