Wednesday, January 4, 2012

(Almost Wordless) Wednesday with Addie

I have had a project in my head for a while now.
It really needed to get out !
If you read my blog , you know I LOVE my birds.
Even though we have had unseasonably warm weather here in Iowa,
I still feed the birds regularly.

Emily got me these wonderful trees for Christmas.
Even though she thought it was a weird gift suggestion.
( Bless Her Heart)

Notice the snow on my deck?
This is the most  we've had.
That is NOT a complaint!


My idea is to take these little trees and decorate them with edibles for the birds.
I got a little inspiration from Pinterest.

idea for the birds tree

Mine didn't turn out quite like these.
But.....
LOVE this quote, and the bird adn the color!!

Plus....
My Big Helper and I had fun making them.
First we cut shapes out of bread slices.


Then we spread peanut butter on the shapes.
( birds and butterflies)

Addie got a little ahead of me.

Then we pressed bird seed into the peanut butter.

Our finished project.

Close up.
We poked a hole in them with a straw and I tied jute through it to make a hanger.

I have one more project in this crazy head of mine ( that must get out SOON )
before I decorate the trees.

Bet you can't wait to see what that is huh?
Stay tuned !

old door with bird quote




Sharing this project at :



Feathered Nest Friday

<br><br><br><b>Join us every Friday...</b>

ornamentplace.com

























Scroll to TopScroll to TopScroll to TopScroll to TopScroll to TopScroll to Top

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...