Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sunday's project


I know I haven't shown you many projects lately.
#1 - I've been lazy.
#2 - I've been more into decorating than DIYing.

But we have had such fantastic weather for January that I finally felt energized.
Plus being home helped a little too.

Last weekend Emily and I did some shopping.
We spent most of our time in Hobby Lobby.
She had taken down her Christmas mantle and wanted something more "everyday-ish".
We didn't really know what we were looking for , but as so often happens in HobLob,
inspiration HIT !


At the end of an isle, they had what looked like canvas' but were cloth.
I asked the lady working how they made them and she directed us to "canvas stretching frames"
AWESOME!

Maybe you already know about these.
It was a new discovery for me.
They come in individual pieces so you can make any size frame you want.
The ones we bought were anywhere from .89 to $1.69.
Anyway a 14x24 frame for around $6 !
Bargain !

They are grooved so they literally just slide together !


Next we looked for fabric.
We found the perfect piece in the clearance bin for $5 a yard.
We only needed a half yard.


I cut the fabric , leaving and inch or so for stapling.
(maybe less, who measures?)
The frames are a soft pine which made stapling really easy .

Finished  frames.

LOVE these!
Cheap way to add texture
and FUN!

The new mantle.

I had had these candle sticks at the store for quite awhile and they hadn't sold.
That's OK , I like them on Em's mantle.
We also reused her bead garland, which I love.
And antlers too.
She has just a bit of her Mama in her :)

She had this gorgeous vase too.
It was a consignment piece from my store, ReStyle.
I knew she would love it when it was brought in,
I text her a picture and she text back , "YES!"
I'm not completely thrilled with the star color and I think we need something with a little height behind the antlers, but it's a start...

I finished a few other projects that I started long ago .
I'll be sharing those soon.



Joining these linky parties:
Check out the awesomeness!


SO CREATIVE


you are talking too much







11 comments:

  1. Fantastic job!~ Thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great. What a wonderful way to update any wall or mantel. I found you over at Debbiedoos Newbie Party. I am your newest follower. Feel free to swing by anytime. theconsignerdesigner.com Again, Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw you at the Newbie Party. These are nice. Like your blog. I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome project! Great find too! I have a Wed. linky party, I would love for you to share this at!! http://theshadyporch.blogspot.com/ I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! What a nice touch that added.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great project it looks great. Thanks for linking up to So Very Creative. I featured this today, make sure to stop by and grab a button!
    http://soverycreative.blogspot.com/2012/01/diy-canvas-art.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun project. I didn't know about these frames, so thank you. And thanks for stopping by & leaving a sweet comment on my blog. I have a great clock giveaway going on right now, if you want to pop by & enter!

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your artwork is so nice and you make it look so easy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look great for such an easy, inexpensive project. I didn't know about the frames either. Great way to update any room you could use it in. Thanks for sharing your inspiration at Sunday's Best!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...