Sunday, January 1, 2012

Farewell Christmas .....

I de-Christmased my house.
I'm  a little sad.
I miss all the twinkling lights.
The house looks a little bare.
But it gets a good cleaning that way.
Although I think I will be finding glitter stuck to everything FOR*EV*ER !

But I have to decorate.
So I changed my "faux mantle" to a "Wintery" scene instead of Christmas.

Here's how it looked at Christmas.
My cardboard houses and cloches.....
*SIGH*

And here is how it looks now.
My" ice trees" ( I got the big one at the thrift store for $3 ), antlers. a pair of metal deer I found on clearance while shopping for Christmas groceries and my white poinsettia from the kitchen.


Love these deer!
 $5 each at Hy-Vee.
I am not a fan of Hy-Vee ( for many reasons),
but a  good deal is a good deal.
And these are AWESOME!

I've been playing with photo-editing in Picasa.
What do you think?

I'm still a terrible picture taker ( I will never call myself a photographer )
but the effects are fun .

I wrapped some snowflake ribbon around my deer like scarves.
I've had it forever but never used it much.


I used the snowflake ribbon as a garland on the large "ice tree".


I had a lot of fun with the photo editing ....



Do you still have your Christmas decorations up?
Or have you moved on like me ?
Did it make you just a little bit sad to see it go too?

But I am happy to welcome 2012!



Joining these fun "linky" parties:

you are talking too much





























6 comments:

  1. Love your winter trees! My Christmas is still up... maybe tomorrow I'll take it down, maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn, thanks so much for your lovely comments - following you back.
    I've put 'Christmas' away as well - because blogging has inspired me to get on with so many other things - but it is a little sad !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I'm visiting from Debbiedoos newbie party and followed you! So glad that I found you! Hope to see you over at my place too!
    Love, Olga
    www.stardust-decorstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dropping by to say happy new year and love your wintery mantle! Stop by sometime to visit with my friend and me at
    www.southernjunkin.blogspot.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't taken mine down yet. We've been so busy and then I got sick! Great idea to do a wintery mantel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean I was sad to take holiday down cause I feel like I just got it up! Love your trees, and I just put together a winter mantel today also. Love winter, and didn't want to run right into Valentine's. Really like the snowflake ribbon too. Thanks for sharing your creativity at Sunday's Best!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...