Sunday, October 30, 2011

Carmel Apple Cupcakes and Girl Time with the Family










It was Bridal Shower weekend in the Trailerhood.

 My oldest nephew is getting married in a couple weeks and I love to have a party , so bridal shower it was.

 Last night we met up with the girls for part of the bachelorette party, just the supper part , cause this girl is getting a little too old for the other part !
 We had Addie with us too.
She needed shoes for the wedding.
 She is the flower girl .
 Can't wait to see how that goes... She is only 2 after all.


Me and Sis ( mother of the groom )


Jenna ( bride-to-be )


Spencer and Emily.
Cousins but more like sisters.
Spencer is going to kill me.
She didn't want her picture taken as they had been paintballing all afternoon and she had paint in her hair ! She is beautiful anyway !


Miss Addie saying " cheese".

Ok , done family sharing. Now onto the subject of this post.

Carmel Apple Cupcakes.

I saw these in a post from Inspired by Charm and thought they would be the perfect dessert for the shower.
Michael didn't include the recipe so I went to my go-to recipe site allrecipes.com . It's a great site , if you haven't used it , you should give it a try.

I found a recipe and it sounded very simple. The biggest job was unwrapping 35 carmels. In his post, Michael said he bought carmel bits instead of unwrapping all the carmel. Well, in my rural corner of the world , I couldn't find them. Sooo, I unwrapped 35 carmels.

Instead of melting them on the stove top , I used the microwave. Stirring every 30 seconds.



I always read the reviews of the recipes before I make them. Sometimes people post comments of what they would do differently or what they did or didn't like about the recipe. This one had a few comments about the carmel topping being to thick and gooey. I had the opposite problem. My carmel was really runny and made a mess ! But it was SO delish!


I put nuts on some and left some plain.
 Sometimes you feel like a nut , sometimes you don't.
Really , I know Sarah doesn't like nuts... but I do .....




All in all , a very good recipe. I would give it 4 stars.
 I would give it 5 but they were so messy !

OK , forgive me ... one more family picture.... well maybe two...

My beautiful girls.....I love them so.....


Say "cheese" !

Linking this post to these wonderful blogs:

Funky Junk Interiors
http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/ ( or click on the button on the sidebar)

Under the Table and Dreaming
( click the button on the sidebar)
Between Naps on the Porch
http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/ ( or click on the button on the sidebar )
A Bowl Full of Lemons
Vintage Wannabee
http://micheleravendesigns.blogspot.com/ ( or click button on the sidebar)
Dittle Dattle

You're Talking too Much
Primp
A Creative Princess

Naptime Creations








5 comments:

  1. wow, I love it! What a great idea! Hope you can come over tomorrow and share at my Tasty Tuesday party! http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cupcakes look yummy! Your family is just adorable too. Thanks for visiting, I'm following back. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you made it through the shower!! The cupcakes look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cupcakes were delish! And you were right, I LOVE the pic, thank you SOO much for putting it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This look's so delicious! I can't wait to try them! Thank yo so much for sharing this at the "Meet Me Monday" linky party! I can't wait to see what you "cook" up next! No pun intended ; ) Love, Me www.youaretalkingtoomuch.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...