Thursday, October 27, 2011

Chair Makeover

Last Saturday I started a couple thrift store projects.
 It was a perfect day to spray paint and I know those are numbered.
I thought I would share a couple of them with you.

I had already taken the seats off when I took this picture.

I wanted to try something new. I painted them red first . Then I painted them with a flat white.
I wanted to distress them and have the red come through.


Hubby found this adorable little bench at a sale.
 I think he paid $2.
 I had the gingham fabric from a previous project.


I didn't distress it very heavily.
 It was my first attempt  and I decided if I didn't like it , I would just repaint it.


I did kinda like it.




Chair #2

I really like this one.
It has great bones.


I covered the seat of this one with a vintage tablecloth.
I love to use vintage fabric. It's so sturdy.

It's faded in places , but that's ok.
It just adds character.


Hubby didn't like it.
 He thought it was a bad paint job.
He obviously doesn't get distressing.
Em thought I should have distressed it more.
Addie said " chair cute Grandma."
Sarah liked it too. She said it was Shabby Chic.
I love my girls !


To distress or not to distress?
What's your opinion?


Linking this post to :
Thrifty Thursday @ Inspired Charm
or click the button on the sidebar
Check out the awesome thrifty ideas.









5 comments:

  1. Fabulous job on the chairs! Great paint and fabric too! Also, Congrats!! I think you have tons to share & enjoy your blog, so I 'm giving you a Liebster Award. Check it out at http://www.fromragstorainbows.com/2011/10/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Men just don't get it quite as much as we do. :)

    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog today! I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just become your newest follower. I will be back often, love your blog. Come visit me if you have some time. http://sister-number-5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog and your nice comment about my chairs! Yours look great too. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...