Monday, October 3, 2011

The Cabinet Project

Have I got a DIY to show you ! A while back a friend gave me a cabinet, if you've been reading my blog since the beginning, you might remember me mentioning it. It was in pretty rough shape and when I brought it home, hubby wanted to burn it. But I won that one and it sat outside by the garage for a while. Then it moved inside the garage WAY IN THE BACK ! But I had plans for that cabinet. I knew it would fit perfectly in the corner of my mudroom. The mudroom is very short on storage and I knew it would be perfect for storing " unslightly stuff" , you know, paint cans, drill, staple gun, nails , screws , etc. SOOO , I drug it out of the garage and started to paint it. Well, I had to clean it first and that was quite an endevor ! It was filthy !
GROSS !

Don't you love the mis-matched handles ? And the layer of grime ...YUCK .

It took a lot of scrubbing and a little scraping , not a lot because I wanted the texture of the old paint  that was underneath.


Clean and White !

1 coat of primer, 3 coats of Ace Hardware Grasslands paint, new hindges, and new MATCHING handles !
WAALAA!


Halloween is finally coming to my house! I wanted hedge apples for the display but couldn't find any. Rustoleum Key Lime spray paint to the rescue. I sprayed the white ones too.

The spider web pumpkin came from Hobby Lobby last year on the after Halloween clearance sale !


Don't you just LOVE spray paint ?!

P.S. I linked this post to :
Please check it out ! So much awesomeness!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...