Thursday, August 30, 2012

Once in a Blue Moon

 
In honor of Friday's Full Moon,
which is a Blue Moon , by the way.
 
I decide to post an update on my Moon Garden.
I had some girlfriends over for a Wine and Cupcake party recently,
and my friend Leann said , this doesn't look anything like it did on your blog.
Well...
that's cause I posted that in the spring and it is now August.
So...
this is what it looks like now.
 
 
You can hardly see the wine bottles in the background.
The Moonflower Vine has taken OVER !
 
 
Garden chair ....
 
 
My Datura ,
with many , many buds...
Alas...
they open at night and I have not been able to capture a good enough picture :(
 
 
My Hydrangea are turning pink ...
 
 
They started out white.
I can't believe how much they grew this year considering our lack of rainfall.
 
 
A great container garden combo.
I really expected the elephant ears to get taller though...
 
Not sure where the phrase Blue Moon comes from ?
You can find out all about it here .
 
I hope you are able to get out and enjoy the beauty of the Blue Moon !
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! THat moon garden sure did grow! Fun to see it again in bloom! How beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...